PAN card or permanent account number is now mandatory for any monetary transaction. It’s also one type of identification. If you are wondering about how to apply for pan card then there is good news for you. Now you can apply for pan card online and get it easily. In this article, we are going through the step by step guide on how to apply for pan card online.
Anyone can apply for the pan card, individual, business or Hindu undivided family can get their pan card. Pan card is necessary for the bank, Aadhar card and require for every government application like passport and etc.
Here is step by step guide on applying for a pan card
- You need to visit the official website for pan card registration
You will be shown this page
- Now you need to select application type, if you are applying for a new pan card, select the new pan card option.
- Then you need to choose the category, choose individual if you are applying for yourself.
- After that, you need to fill out all the detail about you, like name and date of birth, email id and mobile number. then write down the captcha and submit it.
- Once you submit it, you will get a token number for your application. The next page will have a message which contains your token number and also it would say that they have sent an email to your registered email address with the token and ask you to continue with your PAN application.
- After that, there a new page which will look like this
they will ask you to (1) Submit digitally through e-KYC and e-sign (Paperless) (2) Submit scanned images through e-Sign and (3) Forward application documents physically. Choose the second one.
- Then you will be asked to submit your Aadhar number and name on the Aadhar Then you need to write your personal detail such as name, asking you to write down a name which will appear on the pan card.
- Then you need to write down detail about your parents, this will only for the individual. You choose either your father or mother name in your pan card.
- Then you will be asked about your source of income, there are many options like salary, income from business/profession, income from house property, income from other sources, capital gain and no income.
- Then you need to write down your address, you can choose between home address or business address.
- Then you need to fill out the detail about your phone number.
- Then you need to write down your area code and your assessing officer number, you can choose it from the detail given on that page to help you.
- After that, you will be asked to upload the documents, photograph, and You can choose the document which is available with you to upload.
Charges for applying for a pan card
- After the process is complete, you will be asked to pay 115.90rs via debit card, credit card, net banking or demand draft. If you are sending the documents physically than you can pay 110rs.
- After that, you need to verify your Aadhar An OTP will be sent to your mobile number which is connected to your Aadhar card.
- Once your Aadhar card authentication is complete, you need to print out a receipt with 15 digit acknowledgment number and then you need to sign on it. then you have to post it to NSDL office, here is the address,
Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
- If your Aadhar card authentication has failed or you don’t have the mobile number which is connected with your Aadhar card than you need a print out the receipt with 15 digit acknowledgment code.
- Then you need to sign it, attach your photo and all the documents which you have uploaded online and sent
- You need to write this above your cover which contains the recept, ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN -N-15 DIGIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER’ where acknowledgment number will be the 15 digit number and you need to write on it.
- Then you need to post it to the same address as before under 15 days of the date of application.
- The process would take 15 to 20 days and you can check the progress at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
We hope this article would help you apply for pan card and all of your questions. If you need to ask any question about how to apply for a new pan card then just write it down in the comment.