Getting a passport in our country is hassling task if you are not aware of the full context. Applying for a passport online is an easy way to reduce all the stress and its easy task. In this article, we are going to mention how to apply for passport application online and will give you the step by step guide on filling out passport application online.
How to Apply Passport Online?
You need to visit the official website for passport application which is www.passportindia.gov.in after that; we have mentioned everything you need to know about applying for a passport is below in step by step guide.
User registration to apply for the passport
- First, you need to visit the official website which is a passport India.
- If you already have registered and if the detail is still valid you can log in with your detail in existing user and login to it.
- If you did not register before, you need to click on the new user register now tab.
- After that, this page will open
- You need to fill in every detail in Fields marked with an asterisk (*) which are mandatory.
- First one is to register at, there is two filed CPV and passport office, Select the ‘CPV Delhi’ option to apply for a Diplomatic/Official passport at Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) division, Delhi.
- Also if a Tibetian refugee is applying for the passport then they have to visit the Delhi
- If you are applying for the regular passport than you need to tick mark the passport office.
- Then you need to choose the passport office in which you have visited there is a drop-down menu which has the name of all the cities which have passport office, find the nearest one and click on it.
- Then you need to write down your name, make sure not to add any initial such as Mr or Dr in it. you need to write down your first name and middle name.
- After that, you need to write down your surname and then your date of birth.
- Then you will be asked to write down your email address and if you choose the option to use your email address as login id, you don’t need to fill the detail of login id.
- Then you need to choose a password and then hint question in order to recover your password if you have forgotten.
- Then you need to write down the captcha and click on the register button.
Now you need to log in with the id you just created, after that a new page will appear which will have options like apply for fresh passport/passport reissue, apply for a diplomatic passport, Police clearance certificate (PCC) and identity certificate, you need to choose the first option.
Application for a new passport
Now you need to fill out the application for a new passport, there are two ways you can apply for this,
- you need to click on download the soft copy of the application
- After clicking on that link, you need to choose from this
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- After clicking on fresh/reissue link, the form will be downloaded.
- You need to fill out the link and then upload it back.
- If you are choosing to fill out the passport application online, then it will direct you to a new page which contains a link to fresh or reissue, normal or tatkal, a booklet of 36 page or 60 page
- The validity of 10 years or Up to 18 years of age or Not Applicable – you need to Choose Not Applicable if you are an applicant over 18 years of age; Choose 10 years or Up to 18 years of age if you are a 15 to 18 year old minor or the applicant is minor. Then you need to click on the next icon at the bottom of the page.
- Then you need to fill out all the detail, here is a list of detail,
Passport Type (current page), Applicant Details, Family Details, Present Address, Present Address 1, Present Address 2, Emergency Contact, References, Previous Passport, Other Details, Self-Declaration
Make sure you have a good internet connection to submit the passport application and as it will take some time.
Schedule, Pay and Book the appointment
- After that you need to schedule an appointment to visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), you can find out all the detail of nearest PSK on the website.
- After that go to the application form and go to the submitted
- You need to find out a tab name ARN and click on it.
- Then you need to choose from many options, you need to choose the “Pay and Schedule Appointment”
- You can pay online with a debit card, credit card or internet banking.
- You can also pay by challan fro SBI bank.
- If you have paid online, then you can go to the next section and if you have paid from challan at SBI bank, it will take 2 days to verify and then you can move on from there.
- Then you need to choose the date of your scheduled appointment with nears PSK.
- Once selected the PSK and after clicking the next, you need to choose between regular or tatkal.
After that, you need to print out your ARN receipt and then visit the PSK on the given date.
We hope this article would help you find all the information to apply passport application online, for more detail, you can visit the official passport website