UAN or universal account numbers are allotted to every employee who has EPF. UAN is an important part of Employee Provident Fund Organization or EPFO as this number would help them get their PF and its an easy way to withdrawal. One can easily check their EPF balance and request the withdrawal with their UAN number. in this article, we are going to discuss how to generate UAN number and also how to check UAN status with the unified portal.
As we mentioned earlier, the universal account number is given to that employee who contributes to their employee provident fund. UAN number would remain the same even if that person has changed many jobs. This will simplify the process and make it easy to get their PF without any hassle. Getting a UAN number is an easy process, but if you are an employee then your employer has already requested your UAN number.
How to know your UAN number
There are many ways you can find your UAN number. you don’t need to generate new UAN number if you already have one. Here is how you can find out your UAN number.
- From employer
If you are contributing to your PF, it means that you already have your UAN number generated by your employee. You can request them to get your UAN number. some time your UAN number would be printed on your salary slip as well.
How to Check UAN status from the Unified portal
The unified portal by the government of India would help you find your UAN number easily. Here is how you can do.
- You need to visit this website, https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- After that, you can find the link which was written know your UAN status
- Once you click on that, you will find this page
- You need to put your PF number or member id along with your Aadhar card and Pan number
- You also need to put your personal detail such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email id
- After that, you need to write down the captcha click on the get authentication pin
- You will receive a pin on your mobile number, you need to enter that pin
- After that, you will get your UAN number on your mobile as well.
How to generate and activate UAN number
You can get your UAN number and generate it with the Unified portal just like the above we mentioned. But in order to use that UAN number, you need to activate that. We are going to write about that in this step by step guide on how to activate your UAN number.
- First of all, you need to visit this website, https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php
- Then you will find a tab “our service” now find the option for an employee in the drop-down menu
- Then you will get to this page
- Then at the bottom left corner, you will find members UAN/online service(OCS/OTCP) option, then click on it.
- You will be on another page, find the tab with activate UAN and then click on it
- After that you need to fill out a form, you need to enter your UAN number and some of your personal detail
- You will receive a Pin on your mobile, put that pin and activate your UAN number
- You can also change your password with that page
Features of UAN
UAN has many features which will help you operate your PF account without any trouble.
- With UAN number, the employer can get their employee data at one place
- An employer can also find out about their job change and duration with UAN number
- UAN number is one place which gathered all the information of that person’s employment history
- It will be helpful to get your EPF withdrawal online with help of UAN number
- EPFO can get all the information about bank detail and KYC detail of that person without even contacting their employer; this will make the process more smoothly and faster.
Document required generating UAN number
- You will need all the bank information like bank account number, IFCS code, and branch name
- You will need to your voter card or driving license or any other identity proof to open the UAN number
- You also need address proof like voter ID, recent electricity bill, rental agreement or ration card which have your address on it.
- Aadhar card is must for generating the UAN number, now its mandatory to connect your Aadhar card with your UAN number
- PAN card will also require as it would be a Monterey transaction
We hope this information will help you generate UAN number and you can also find about your UAN status. If you have any other question, do let us know in the comments.