Provident fund is one of the most common ways to save money for retirement. Even the government encourages the provident fund and saving and that is why every PF is under EPFO, Employee’s Provident Fund Organization. EPFO give a unique 12 digit code to every member which is known as UAN, universal account number. in this article, we are going to discuss about UAN passbook download and PF balance check.
With the help of UAN number, every single person can manage their PF account and check their balance. They get notified of any changes and they can even download the passbook. We are going to give you the full detail and step by step guide to UAN passbook download.
How to Download EPF passbook?
UAN number is allotted to every single member who contributes to their PF funds. UAN number would stay the same regardless of how many jobs they have changed. So it will centralize all the information and funds with a single UAN number.
- Members need to visit this site, to begin with, https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- After that, click on our services and then “for employees” button
- After that, you will get a page, you need to find a link which said, “member passbook”
- Then you need to log in with your UAN number and password which you set at the time of UAN registration to proceed further
- Once you log in, you will get all the detail about your EPF account
- This facility will be available 6 hours after the member has registered for UAN number
- Any changes in the EPF would be available after 6 hours in the EPF passbook
- This facility is not available for Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / Inoperative Members.
Download EPF passbook with UAN number
- Once the member is registered for UAN number, they can download the EPF passbook after 3 days. they need to visit https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- After that, they need to get to the member’s login from the employee’s page
- Once they log in, they can click on the “download e-passbook” to get their passbook
How to check PF balance?
There are many ways a member can check their PF balance. We are going to mention them in detail below.
- EPF portal
Members can check their PF balance from government EPF portal. They need to visit the official website for EPF, https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/. Then they need to click on our service and then for employees tab.
Once they get to the next page, they can find a link below which say, member passbook. They need to log in with their UAN number and password to check their PF balance.
Members can also check their EPF balance from SMS. They need to send a message to 7738299899. The message body would be EPFOHO UAN ENG, where ENG stand for your official language of corresponding. You can change it to other 10 languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali.
You need to send the SMS from the mobile number you have registered with UAN. When you get a reply from that service, they will have the detail of your KYC documents, last deposit and total balance.
If you didn’t get the replay, which means that your employer has registered your number with a digital copy of Aadhar card and pan card. You need to contact them to resolve this issue.
- Missed call
You can check your EPF balance by just giving a missed call to 011-22901406. Members need to make sure that their KYC detail has been submitted correctly. If you have registered that number with UAN and all of your KYC document is linked with UAN number, then you will get an SMS with all the detail about your EPF account.
- UMANG App
The government has launched an App for EPFO and all their services. With this app, you can check your balance and do lots of things. Here is how to check your EPF balance with UMANG app.
- You need to visit the Google play store and download the official UMANG app
- After that, you need to select the EPFO option in the app
- Then you need to select, ‘Employee Centric Service’
- Then you need to enter your UAN number
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Then enter the OTP and choose the Passbook option in EPFO
We hope this article would help you get all the information regarding EPF passbook and EPF balance check. To use all the feature, you need to generate UAN number first and then you can get all the benefit and advantage of UAN. If you have any question regarding EPF passbook and EPF balance check, do let us know in the comments.